Saturday, October 8, 2011

Grandmas Doily

Hello friends I hope you are all well. This week our Challenge over at Totally Gorjuss is Ooh La La, this week our sponsor is Crafters Companion, the lucky winner will get £10 to spend online.



I went with this Fun image by Kenny K from Whimsy Stamps, I right away thought about this image when I saw this weeks Challenge theme.



This is Spy Chick, and my image has been colored with Distress ReInkers, My sentiment is also from Whimsy, The film Strip Sentiments have really nice wording. My papers are from Maja Design, gosh it hurt to cut thru these, i love the nice tone of pink.



Many of you have asked where I get my Crochet doily's?? My 83 Year old Grandmother Hand Knits these, she has been doing so for many years with beautiful hand made work, she's really good. So if any one is interested in acquiring one of these %100 hand made doily's please email me, this is the one I currently have. It is White and it measures approximately 14x14 inches from the longest point. This would make a perfect background for all your cards/Projects. I will ship anywhere, remember it's Hand Made all the way!! Have a great day!!



(Close View of the Beautiful detailed work)



9 comments:

yvon said...

Hi Patricia, wow what a gorgeous card, that girl rocks!! And that doily your grandmother made is fantastic.
Hugs, Yvon

Marie-Anne said...

What a gorgeous card.

The doily is beautiful. It reminds me at the ones my grandmother used to knit.

Marie-Anne

Kelly Schelske said...

What a fun image Patricia, great card!

Margaret said...

A lovely card and the colours you've used are perfect. You have my sympathy for having to cut your papers lol I have some that I that I don't want to cut as well :o)
Your Grandmother has a wonderful talent in being able to make these lovely doilies. My Mum used to make lace until she started to lose her sight
Margaret xx

Chrissy said...

Beautiful card Patricia. love the image and gorgeous colouring..your grandmas doily is amazing work...beautiful..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Knerten said...

Your card is absolutely fabulous, Patricia ! Love the DP, the colours, image and not to forget; your grandma's beautiful doily :-) It's almost a shame to use this beautiful doily on a card, having to 'hide' parts of it, but it is indeed a fab enhancement to a beautiful card !

Barbara said...

Your grandmother does a beautiful job. This is a labor of love and I am afraid one that will soon be lost to the next generation. I just have a question..isn't this crocheted?

Anonymous said...

This is a totally awesome card! Love what you did with it - all the embellies and your colouring! Your gramma's doily is beautiful! Mine used to crochet a lot as well.
Hugz2u,
Sharon

Anonymous said...

WOWZER girl!! Your creation is totally gorgeous!! LOVE your coloring and your fabby flowers!! Grandma's doily is so awesome! ;) Thanks for sharing!! Smiles, *Vicki*

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails